Privacy and Cookies Policy
This website is operated by Cotham Technologies Limited.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
Cotham Technologies Limited (‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use personal data and to meet our data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and any subsequent UK data protection legislation we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
This statement explains what data and information we collect, how and why we collect it, and how we store, use, disclose, and keep information about you and your interactions with us secure. These interactions include when you use our websites, when you register or attend any Cotham Technologies Limited event, webinar, trade show, sales, or marketing activities, download an e-book, report or other digital assets, register and participate in our online community like using our forums or online training, you reply to one of our surveys, and/or if you use our platform, any of our products and/or services, including any trial version (collectively the “Services”) in any manner.
Cotham Technologies Limited provides software development services and software licensing products to its clients and processes data in accordance with these offerings. In accordance with the requirements of the GDPR for data controllers, Cotham Technologies Limited has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures, including proportionate data protection policies, to ensure, and to be able to demonstrate, that processing is performed in accordance with that regulation. These measures, which will be regularly reviewed and updated where necessary, take account of the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing by Cotham Technologies as well as the risks, of varying likelihood and severity, for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
Beyond the necessary levels applicable to the ancillary activities of software development companies, the core activities of Cotham Technologies Limited, which involve client and supplier bases made up almost entirely of other businesses, do not require the large scale, regular and systematic monitoring of individuals nor consist of the large-scale processing of special (sensitive) categories of data or data relating to criminal convictions and offences. Consequently, the processing of personal data by us is considered generally to be of low risk in relation to the rights and freedoms of relevant data subjects.
The Data Protection policies of Cotham Technologies cover areas including the following:
- About Us
- What information is processed?
- Reasons for collecting your data.
- What are your rights regarding the information collected and processed?
- How is your information used?
- Who has access to your information?
- Your choices
- Public forums and customer testimonials
- Security precautions to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of Information
- Your choice when it comes to Cookies
- Google Analytics
- Links to other websites
- Transferring your information
- Website Recording
- Data Retention
- How you can access and update your information
- Opting out and unsubscribing from Marketing messages
- Privacy Statement updates
- Contact Us
Cotham Technologies is a software and services company that provides technology to build mobile applications. You can find our office locations at https://cothamtechnologies.com/testarea/contact/
What information is processed?
Cotham Technologies collects data to operate effectively and provide our Services to you.
- Data provided by you manually: You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a Cotham Technologies account in our community to participate in forums, subscribe to blog updates, administer your organisation’s licensing account, register for a Cotham Technologies event, or download digital assets like documentation from our website, sign up for the Cotham Technologies platform trial edition, or fill out a Contact Request form.
- Usage data collected automatically: We also get some information by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies and receiving usage data from the Cotham Technologies platform used by you.
- Additional data from third parties: We also obtain data from third parties to whom you’ve provided your information and you’ve given your consent to be transferred to Cotham Technologies. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources may include: data brokers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect; service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address to customize certain products to your location; and Cotham Technologies Partners with which we engage in joint marketing and sales activities.
When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. However, if you choose not to provide data that is necessary for us to provide Services, you may not be able to use those Services.
The data we collect depends on the consent you’ve provided and on the context of your interactions with Cotham Technologies, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the Services you use. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, company and position, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access to our Services.
- Usage data. We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with Cotham Technologies and our Services.
- Location data. For products with location-enhanced features, we collect data about your location, such as a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postal code level.
- Content. We collect content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the Services you use. For example, if you post a comment or a file using our community, forums or blog, we need to collect the content of that comment or file to display it to you and the other users of the same Services.
We also collect information you provide to Cotham Technologies when you contact us about the Services and the content of messages you send to us, such as requested feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact Cotham Technologies, such as for customer support, phone conversations, or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Cotham Technologies may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this information with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand, and analyse our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored content to provide Services that may be of interest to you.
Reasons for collecting your data
- Processing Your order: We use relevant personal information described above to process and deliver your order, and to notify you of the status of your order.
- To provide customer support: If you contact our customer service (or vice versa), we will use personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the required service. We will process your personal information in this way if it is necessary for the performance of a contract with us or if it is required for us to comply with any legal obligations. If it is not necessary to process your personal data for either of these reasons, we will process it as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we can provide the required level of service.
- To engage with you in relation to the programs or communities you decide to join: We will use your personal information to provide you with the Services you have requested from us. This will, if applicable, include the use of your personal information for submission and publication (on our website or a third-party’s) in relation to our Services, using your contact details for events and using information like your location for our mobile apps. We will process your personal information in this way if it is necessary for the performance of a contract with us. If it is not necessary for the performance of such a contract, we will process it as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing these Services appropriately and ensuring they function correctly. To the extent that we process location data, we do this based on your consent to receiving these Services, and we will not process location data before you have provided your consent to us doing so.
- Social sign-on (this means the use of your social network credentials such as your Facebook user login information to create and sign into your Cotham Technologies account): If we permit you to use a social sign-on option, Cotham Technologies will limit the use of public profile information to that which is necessary for the creation of your Cotham Technologies account, as it is necessary for the performance of your contract with us in relation to account creation. Cotham Technologies will, upon receipt of any irrelevant information from the social network, discard such information. After having created your account, you will have the opportunity to supplement it with any information you would like to share with us, such as personal information you provide through a completed survey. We will process this personal information as it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in completing your profile and ensuring we have accurate records about you. To the extent we cannot process it to meet these legitimate interests, we will only process this personal information if you consent to providing it. Any supplemental information you provide to us will be used for the purposes and on the lawful grounds explained in this statement, including to enrich your Cotham Technologies profile and to personalise your Cotham Technologies experience.
- Marketing: When you sign up to receive Cotham Technologies emails, create a Cotham Technologies single sign on, become a member of our community, order or provide feedback on a Service, or use our website, we will use your personal information to create a profile based on the information we hold about you. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring we have accurate information about you in one place. We create your profile in accordance with your preferences to provide you with the best personalised experience, to send you personalized marketing messages and newsletters and for opinion research purposes, such as:
- What kind of information: The way you interact with our brand across all the different channels described above (e.g. the website, apps, social media and marketing messages we send you) and the information we collect in that regard from each of these channels provides us valuable information about your interests and preferences. This insight gives us the opportunity to offer you the best Cotham Technologies experience possible. To learn about you and your interests, we analyse your interactions with us using various kinds of information, as set out above. We may combine the information we collect with information we lawfully obtain from third parties. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that we provide you the most appropriate offers for products and to personalise your experience. You can opt-out of us combining your personal information with the information lawfully collected from third parties by contacting us using the contact details set out below. If you have given us your consent to send you marketing communications or if we are permitted by law to send such communications without obtaining your consent, we use the information that you have provided to us when interacting with us for sending you personalized marketing messages about Cotham Technologies Services. In some instances, we will also aggregate your personal information with that of other individuals, to create comprehensive reports about how customers use our Services, and experience our brand. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in analysing our brand and determining how to improve our Services.
- What kind of channels: We will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email, phone, or social media. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, to use the contact details, you have provided to us to send our personalized marketing communications.
- What kind of messages: The messages we will send you will be personalized and tailored to your individual preferences and interests. We use analytics to generate such personalised messages. These analytics will process your personal information and place you in marketing segments, which determine the content of the messages and the offers you will receive from us. These direct marketing messages may contain information about our Services, promotions, and news. We personalise these messages because it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that we provide the most appropriate information. We will, in certain circumstances, also use the channels for opinion research (such as to ask if you would like to participate in a survey) and to learn about your experience and improve your experience with Cotham Technologies, including by sending you personalized messages.
- Re-targeting: Our website and apps use re-targeting technologies, which we will only use after you have provided your consent. This enables us to show our visitors, who were already interested in our Services, advertisements from us on partner websites. We believe that the display of personalized, interest-based advertising is more interesting and relevant to our customers than advertising that does not have a personal connection. Re-targeting technologies analyse the information we collect about your interactions with us as described in relation to marketing above and information obtained from other parties, including your cookies, and display advertisements based on your past web-surfing behaviour. we will process your data for re-targeting purposes with your explicit consent. Please click here for further information on cookies and instructions on how to disable re-targeting. Note that our sites generally are not configured to respond to web browser do-not-track signals.
- Ads: We may also work with companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect personal information about your visits to our websites or apps and your interaction with our communications, including advertising. They will only collect this information to the extent you have consented to the placement of cookies for marketing purposes. Please click here for further information on cookies and instructions on how to change your cookie preferences.
- Enrichment of our data: Where we have obtained your personal information from various sources we will combine this information in certain circumstances to enrich our understanding of your requirements and preferences in relation to our Services. For example, we may combine information you have provided us directly with information collected automatically, such as metadata or IP addresses or where we have collected anonymous browsing data using cookies, we may later determine that this data relates to your browsing history and combine that data with the existing information we hold on you. We may also combine this information with other information (both personal information and anonymized) that we have lawfully obtained from third parties. We may use the information we hold to correlate your interactions with us via one device (such as a browser on a computer) with your interactions with us via another device (such as an app on a phone). Specifically, we may carry out any of these exercises to be able to send you more personalized marketing or to prepare more effective marketing campaigns. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests to ensure that we provide you the most appropriate offers for products and to personalize your experience. You can opt-out of us combining your personal information with the information lawfully collected from third parties by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
- Conducting analytics: We will use the personal information we hold about you (as well as pseudonymised or anonymised information generated from your personal information) to carry out analysis and research. We carry out all such analysis and research on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding our customers and ensuring that our products meet the needs of our customers.
- Analysing our business: We will use your personal information (including by anonymizing and aggregating it with other customers’ personal information) for sales, supply chain, and financial analysis purposes, to determine how we are performing, and where improvements can be made and where necessary to report back to our Board of Directors. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in understanding how our business is performing, and considering how to improve our performance.
What are your rights regarding the information collected and processed?
About your information that is collected and/or processed by Cotham Technologies, you may exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: You may request Cotham Technologies to confirm if information about you is processed. If such is the case, you will receive access to your information.
- Right of rectification: If our information about you is incorrect, you may request Cotham Technologies to rectify your information. This includes the right to have incomplete information completed, taking into account the purpose of the processing.
- Right to erasure: You may request Cotham Technologies to erase your information, for instance if the information is unlawfully processed, or if you have withdrawn your consent.
- Right to restrict processing: You may request Cotham Technologies to restrict the processing of your information, if (i) the information is inaccurate, (ii) the processing is unlawful, (iii) you need us to retain the information after the retention period for a legal claim, or (iv) you have objected to the processing and a verification of our legitimate interests is pending.
- Right to data portability: You may request Cotham Technologies to provide you with an electronic file of your information, or to transfer your personal data to a third party if such is technically feasible.
How is your information used?
Where you have provided consent, we may use your information to:
- process orders that You have submitted;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered by you and Cotham Technologies;
- perform the Services you’ve requested. For example, if you fill out a “Contact Request” web form, we will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in the Services;
- seek your views or comments on the Services we provide, through surveys we may send you;
- notify you of changes to our Services;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you;
- plan and host corporate events, host online forums and social networks in which you choose to attend and/or participate;
- plan activities, events, promotions related to our Services;
- process a grant or job application;
- contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information regarding Cotham Technologies and its partners, such as information about Cotham Technologies products and information on no-code development and digital transformation.
Who has access to your information?
We may share your information with other companies to work with them. We may pass your information to our third-party service providers such as Cotham Technologies Partners, for the purposes of completing tasks and providing Services to you on our behalf (for example to provide you with a demo of Cotham Technologies, to provide you training on Cotham Technologies, to develop software applications on Cotham Technologies). However, when we use third-party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the Service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes unless you have provided your consent or requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Cotham Technologies does not share your collected information with business partners, unless: (1) You specifically opt-in to such sharing via an event registration form; or (2) You attend a Cotham Technologies event and allow Cotham Technologies or any of its business partners to scan your attendee badge. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may choose not to opt-in via event registration forms and elect not to have your badge scanned at Cotham Technologies events. If you choose to share your information with business partners in the manners described above, your information will be subject to the business partners’ respective privacy statements.
Our website and apps will, in certain circumstances, provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network such as Facebook or Twitter (for example by registering an account), your activity on our website or via our apps will also be made available to that social network. This is necessary for the performance of your contract with Us which allows you to interact with a social network. If you are logged in on one of these social networks during your visit to one of our websites or apps or are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, the social network might add this information to your respective profile on this network based on your privacy settings. If you would like to prevent this type of data transfer, please log out of your social network account before you enter one of our websites or apps, or change the app’s privacy settings, where possible. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal information, what rights you have and how you can maintain suitable privacy settings for your needs.
Cotham Technologies will disclose personal information where required by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interest, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory bodies, to protect and defend Cotham Technologies property and legal rights, to protect the personal safety of Cotham Technologies website or (mobile) app users, or by order of a valid injunction from a court or law enforcement agency.
Unless described in this Statement, Cotham Technologies does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
You have a choice about if you wish to receive information from us. If you want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the Services and any of our exciting products and services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your preferences at any time by contacting us.
Public forums and customer testimonials
Cotham Technologies provides blogs or in future chat rooms on the Cotham Technologies website. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit those forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. Cotham Technologies is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in those forums
Cotham Technologies posts a list of customers and testimonials on Cotham Technologies website that shows information such as customer names and titles. Cotham Technologies obtains the consent of each customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
At Cotham Technologies, we believe you have a right to understand how we protect your applications and data.
We use appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect the data supplied by you and managed by us against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Our security measures are continually improved in line with technological developments. Unfortunately, and despite all our efforts, no company or service can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Even considering Cotham Technologies security endeavours, our users also play an important role regarding the security of their personal data. The security measures applied on your assets or the assets of your company, as well as your behaviours when using these assets are crucial for maintaining personal data secure. Actions such as defining a weak password to access our services, not locking your laptop or mobile device when you left it unattended, or using public assets to login on our website, all pose a risk. This way, we ask you to take all the necessary precautions to avoid security breaches.
- Improve access time: recognise you whenever you visit thiswebsite this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time.
- Improve the performance of our website: Cookies can help us to understand how our website is being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
- Improves purchasing experience: if/when relevant, keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
Cookies generally fall into the following categories:
Session cookies are automatically deleted at the end of each browsing session, typically when the web browser is closed
Persistent cookies remain until the expiry date and time set by the web server. They can be manually deleted by the user
1st party cookies originate from the same domain as the website being visited, in this case [home website]
Your choices when it comes to Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Google Analytics sets first party cookies via code which may be added to pages of our website. Up to five cookies can be created on your device. Globally and in the European Union member states, Google sets the following cookies:
__UTMA COOKIE: A persistent cookie – remains on a computer for up to two years or the cookie cache is cleared. It tracks visitors. Metrics associated with the Google __utma cookie include: first visit (unique visit), last visit (returning visit). This also includes Days and Visits to purchase calculations which afford ecommerce websites with data intelligence around purchasing sales funnels.
__UTMT COOKIE: This cookie expires after 10 minutes of creation, and is used to throttle request
rates, to limit data collection on high traffic sites.
__UTMB COOKIE & __UTMC COOKIE: These cookies work in tandem to calculate visit length. Google __utmb cookie demarks the exact arrival time, then Google __utmc registers the precise exit time of the user.
Because __utmb counts entrance visits, it is a session cookie, and expires at the end of the session, e.g. when the user leaves the page. A timestamp of 30 minutes must pass before Google cookie __utmc expires. Given__utmc cannot tell if a browser or website session ends. Therefore, if no new page view is recorded in 30 minutes the cookie is expired. This is a standard ‘grace period’ in web analytics.
__UTMZ COOKIE: Cookie __utmz monitors the HTTP Referrer and notes where a visitor arrived from, with the referrer siloed into type (Search engine (organic or cpc), direct, social and unaccounted). From the HTTP Referrer the __utmz Cookie also registers, what keyword generated the visit plus geolocation data.
This cookie lasts six months. In tracking terms this Cookie is perhaps the most important as it will tell you about your traffic and help with conversion information such as what source / medium / keyword to attribute for a Goal Conversion.
__UTMV COOKIE: Google __utmv Cookie lasts for up to two years from the creation time. It is a persistent cookie. It is used for segmentation, data experimentation and the __utmv works hand in hand with the __utmz cookie to improve cookie targeting capabilities.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organizations. This Statement applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the Statement of that third-party site.
Transferring your information
We have global operations and work with partners across the globe and we may have databases in different countries. We may transfer your data to one of our databases outside your country of domicile, potentially including countries which may not require an adequate level of protection for your personal data compared with that provided in your country. For instance, if you use our Services while you are outside the European Union (EU) region, your information may be transferred outside the EU to provide you with those Services.
We ensure there are adequate safeguards in place when transferring your data outside your country and the EU or otherwise that the transfer only occurs where permitted by applicable law, with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Statement
We may use services to improve our website experience and usability. These recording services may collect information such as mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling, and any text keyed into website forms, for aggregated and statistical reporting. This service would only be applicable to the Cotham Technologies website and for internal use only.
We will keep your personal information for two years from your last interaction with us, such as the date your account was deleted, your last order, the last time you used one of our apps, or in some other way contacted or interacted, unless a longer or shorter retention period is required by law, is necessary during legal proceedings, or is otherwise needed for a purpose under applicable law.
The following are examples of how Cotham Technologies might keep your personal information for as long as necessary for a particular purpose:
- We may keep your personal information collected during a purchase of a Service for as long as required by tax laws (longer than two years in some European countries);
- We may keep your personal information for a shorter period if you ask us to delete your personal information. In such a case, Cotham Technologies will aim to delete your personal information within a maximum period of one month from the date of the request.
In general, we will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant Service, or if is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us and for a reasonable period afterward, for instance to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
How you can access and update your information
To update your information, discontinue your account, and/or request return or deletion of your data associated with your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For other requests to access, correct, modify or delete your personal information, please contact email@example.com.
We will respond to your requests without undue delay, but within one month. If permitted under applicable legislation, Cotham Technologies may extend the response period with two further months if such is necessary due to the complexity and number of requests. Cotham Technologies will notify you of any extension and the reason thereof. If Cotham Technologies denies your request, we shall inform you on the reasons for such a denial.
If information about you is processed by Cotham Technologies on behalf of one of our customers, we will forward your request to the relevant customer. We will inform you that we have forwarded your request and provide you with the contact details of the relevant client.
Opting out and unsubscribing from Marketing messages
All our marketing communications contain an easy way to opt out from receiving future messages, such as a link through which you can unsubscribe. If you would like to opt out of receiving Cotham Technologies marketing messages you may use the unsubscribe link contained in the messages you have received, or alternatively you can contact our:
Data Protection Officer by E-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that if you choose to opt out of receiving marketing messages in the manner explained above, we will continue to process your personal information, to allow us to understand your interests and preferences, but we will stop using your personal information to send you personalized or non-personalized marketing messages. If you would like us to stop such processing in part or in full, we have explained how to do this in the above paragraph.
Privacy Statement Updates
We keep this Statement under regular review. Cotham Technologies may amend this Statement. We will notify you of any changes through our Website and/or through a message to you. This Statement was last updated in May 25th, 2018
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Statement or our processing of your information, please contact:
- We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 08071499, and our registered office is at 71 Cotham Brow, Bristol, BS6 6AW
- Our principal place of business is at The EngineShed, Station Approach, Bristol BS1 6QH